Healthy Facts for you and the whole family
How can Turmeric improve your health?
What is Turmeric? For those of you who do not know, turmeric is root spice that looks like ginger except it is yellow in color.
- Treating your wound: If you have a cut or bruise or scrape and if you do not take care of it, it can turn into infection. In ancient times it was widely use to heal cuts and scrapes. All you need to do is mix the powder with water, oil such as coconut or olive oil, or even milk or with liquid sugar into a poultice (gently warm either in microwave or on stove top) and apply as you will do with any other ointment. You will be surprised how curing this is. It will suck out the inflammation that is built up. Very good for children’s use.
- Slow Aging: The aging process is an inevitable part of life, but this does not mean that you should look older than you feel. Aging products have been a major factor in the lives of many people in an effort to slow or reverse wrinkles on the face. Mix a small paste and apply to your face and allow it to remain for a few minutes. It works wonders if you have melasma. You can also consume turmeric for this benefit.
- Weight Management / loss: Turmeric is known to prevent the growth of fat in the body. You can buy capsules or the powder and use daily. Also, consume foods that are prepared with the ingredient. Turmeric contains cur-cumin and it is the main ingredient that is very magical.
- Upset Stomach: Blend Turmeric in milk or juices, or even make tea. This will help to settle your upset stomach in a healthy way. Start with a spoonful and see how it works.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Use a capsule a day to assist in the prevention of any form of dementia
- Arthritis: Use turmeric to fight this disease. Turmeric helps to relief inflammation. It has highly inflammatory properties. Consider consuming more foods that contain turmeric such as curries.
- Diabetes: Turmeric is very potent and can affect your blood sugar. If you have low blood sugar you will need to monitor your intake as it can lower your blood sugar. It is very good for those with high blood sugar.
- Depression: can help improve your mood but seek a doctor if you suffer from depression.
- Stretch marks: Mix a small amount into a paste with either water, oil or milk and apply generously in the area.